Wednesday 16 October 2013

NASTY GAL HAUL

A few weeks ago I kind of went a bit crazy on NASTY GAL and yesterday I got the result of my craziness: my parcel arrived! I was really excited, too excited to open it. So I opened it this morning, and I can tell you: I'M IN LOVE! I really feel like I have a talent for online-shopping (yes, I do realize how weird this sounds), but a lot of people are disappointed with the purchases they made online when they first see them in real life. I'm not like that. I always manage to choose things I like on pictures and in reality, when it comes to clothes. On the other hand, of course, I had some surprises too, when I opened my parcels: Funnily enough only with accessoires!
4 out of the 5 times it happened to me, it was something I bought from TOPSHOP. At this point I must admit that I wasn't disappointed by the items I got, I just didn't read the description properly. To be honest I never read the size guide. So now I habe two pairs of enormous earrings, a hair clip that I had imagined to be half the size and a bag that I wanted to use as a schoolbag, which turned out to be a small and elegant bag for going out.
So my advice for online-shopping: always read the description!!!
And what would my online purchase be without something the turned out bigger than I had thought it would? This time it's an armcuff which I had mistaken for a ring. But this just happened because I liked it straight away, so I didn't bother looking at some more photos... But well. It looks amazing as armcuff!




Oh how much I love the way Nasty Gal wraps their things. Isn't alone the box adorable? It just makes me happy with all these lips and the wrapping paper. Huch, so pretty!
Enough about the wrapping! Here's what was inside this magic box!



Dusted Bomber Jacket by ARK & CO.



Isn't it precious?! Actually there's only one answer: It totally is!! It might be hard to combine (I'll soon find out), but personally I think that the pieces hardest to wear are the best ones, because they're special!
Something I find really tasteful about this jacket is the usage of materials. The front and the back are a glittering fabric, on the website described as "metallic silver and gold damask stichting", which sounds pretty fancy. The shoulders are vegan leather and the sleeves are made of chiffon.
It also has to pockets, with zippers, which I find quite handy!



Damage Control Dress by REVERSE




There are people who buy dresses they don't need for events they don't go to. I'm proud to say: I'm one of these people. I won't really have an opportunity to wear that dress soon, but hey, dresses don't spoil! I can always wear it in spring or summer! The only thing that I'm not too sure about, is the fact that the top bit of the dress is transparent. But that's a problem easy to solve: Wear something underneath! Because the combination of chiffon and black fabric really looks gorgeous!



Scene Cemetary Muscle Tank by EVIL TWIN



Two things I love; combined: skulls and muscle tees! When I was looking at it online, I didn't notice that these "eyes" on the sides are lilac, but I find that pretty cute! Another thing I didn't notice, is that the fabric has varicolored little parts on it! The more I look at this tank, the more I like it, to be honest! It's pretty casual, so I don't think it'll be difficult to combine! I think I'll wear this tomorrow... It's so nice!



Body Electric Swimsuit by MOTEL ROCKS




A few years ago, I never ever would've thought that I would eeever wear a swimsuit. I used to think that Bikinis were the only thing acceptable. But luckily, opinions change and people get wiser. As I mentioned above, I really like the combination of see-through and thicker fabrics, so this swimsuit was a must-have for me!
I'm well aware that the last photo looks pretty creepy, but I didn't kill anyone, I'm just trying to show the stripes on the swimsuit.



Skeleton Grasp Cuff



Here it is: The armcuff that I had mistaken for a ring! Everyone must admit though, that in the first picture it really does look like a ring! But anyways... It looks cool either way. And not only - but especially - at Halloween! The only thing that is kinda hard is to take it off with only one hand. (I tried it whilst texting, it was almost impossible!)



Mesh Garter Leggings



Sooo... They look even more awkward when not being worn than I thought. Haha. But I promise they look great once they are worn! They kinda remind me of Taylor Momsen, maybe because they look like garters! I don't know if I'll be brave enough to wear them at school, but I really like them. 



Clean Cut Leggings by MILKYWAY



I've wanted leggings like that since a looong time, because I find they would look great with Doc Martens (at least they do in my mind). 
I thought of cutting some up myself, but I think that wouldn't be a great idea, because they might rip easier then. 
On the second photo I played with the effects a bit, because I wanted to make the holes more visible. But I kinda just turned my leggings brown... But well, they're black with rips.


Acid Rip Skinny Jeans by FLYING MONKEY



There's isn't much to say about these jeans. They're pretty awesome, that's all.



Shadow Line Leggings by MILKYWAY



And yet another example to show my love to fabric combos. These leggings are pretty cool as well, because of the stripes. And of course, if I want to be all black with see-through stripes, then I can totally wear them with the swimsuit! (Just kidding, I'd never do that! It would look awful I guess).



Jeffrey Campbell Foley Platform Bootie




If anyone out there happens to be a therapist or something similar, feel free to contact me and tell me how it is possible to fall in love with a pair of shoes. I'll try to explain it myself: BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKING AWESOME AND YOU CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE THEM. 
Sorry. I get way to enthusiastic when it comes to shoes....



Sooo that was my haul... Hope you liked it, if you did:
I got everything on NASTY GAL
Just in case you want to go crazy too!

Nasty Gals Do It Better.
x Sophie. 


1 comment: